Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council
This is the website of the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC). We take our responsibility to protect your data seriously. PHECC) is an independent statutory body established by a Statutory Instrument (S.I.) S. I. No 109 of 2000, S. I. No 575 of 2004 and S.I. No 166 of 2008.
The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the personal data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with this website and to help you to understand how this data is used including disclosures to third parties.
PHECC has a range of policies that relate to data protection including a Data Protection Policy. If you have any further questions about this notice, about relevant policies or how we handle your personal information, which are not dealt with here, please get in touch by emailing the Data Protection Officer at PHECCDPO@ambitcompliance.ie
PHECC is located on the Second Floor, Beech House, Millenium Park, Osberstown, Naas, Co. Kildare W91 TK7N. This notice primarily refers to PHECC as the Data Controller of all personal information that is collected and used about you in connection with your visit to our website.
We take our responsibilities under applicable data protection law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts 2008- 2018, very seriously. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all who make contact with us through this website and take our responsibility regarding the security of our practitioners, responders, and service provider’s information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we do with that information.
Collection and use of personal information
PHECC does not collect any personal data about you via this website, apart from information which you volunteer for example by visiting the website, emailing us; registering for examinations or applying to be listed on our statutory register of pre-hospital emergency care practitioners. This personal data may include:
- your name and contact details, including your address, phone number and email address;
- your credit/debit card or bank account details; and
- other personal data relating to you that you provide to us or that we generate about you in connection with your use of this website.
Depending on the specific circumstance, the lawful bases on which we process your personal data are:
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by PHECC and only where such interests do not interfere with your interests or fundamental rights;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations; and
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
Security of personal data
PHECC follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology. TLS is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
We may disclose your information to trusted third parties for the purposes set out in our Data Protection Policy. We require all third parties to have appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your personal data, in line with data protection legislation.
PHECC will retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described above, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if required, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us. We will not hold your personal data for any longer than is necessary.
Individuals, referred to in GDPR as Data Subjects, have certain legal rights concerning their personal information and the manner in which it is processed by PHECC. These include:
- the right to get access to their personal information;
- the right to request us to correct inaccurate information, or update incomplete information;
- the right to request that we restrict the processing of their personal information in certain circumstances;
- the right to request the deletion of personal information;
- the right to receive the personal information you provided to us in a portable format;
- the right to object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances;
- the right to avoid automated decision making; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission.
If you require further information or wish to exercise any of the above rights, please get in touch by emailing the Data Protection Officer at PHECCDPO@ambitcompliance.ie. In addition, the Data Protection Commission provides information in relation to your data protection rights at https://www.dataprotection.ie/.
Data Protection Policy
For details of the PHECC Data Protection Policy email: PHECCDPO@ambitcompliance.ie.