The Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) maintains a statutory register of all pre-hospital emergency care practitioners who meet our standards. In order to have your name entered on the PHECC register of practitioners, you must hold a National Qualification in Emergency Medical Technology (NQEMT). All registrants must commit to upholding the ethos of a healthcare practitioner, committing to maintaining their skills to the highest standard, to only practice according to the PHECC Rules and to adhere to the Code of Conduct and Ethics at all times.
All Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs), Paramedics (Ps) and Advanced Paramedics (APs) must be registered with the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council in order to legally practice in Ireland.
Important Notice – Registration Applications during COVID-19
Re-registrations are as per normal online.
Application to Join & Change of Division/Status on the PHECC Register:
- Please print and complete (in pen) the relevant application form. NOTE:Posting of the NQEMT Certificates may be delayed, please leave the relevant fields blank if you are joining for the first time.
- Once filled in and signed, scan each page of this form.
- Scan your ID photo separately (photo for printing on your practitioner licence).
- Attach all pages of the form (as one document or individually)
- Attach ID photo separately (image file) – you must be clearly identifiable.
- Email all of the above to email@example.com with a subject line of “Registration Application”.
- The email MUST indicate that you have posted the original documentation to us:
Registration, PHECC, 2nd Floor, Beech House, Millennium Park, Naas, Co Kildare. W91 TK7N.
- Make payment via our Online Shopping link on the PHECC homepage (Item 2.7 Annual Fee).
Failure to provide any of the above may result in delays processing your application.