Education and Training Standards
One of PHECC's statutory functions is to set and review standards of education in pre-hospital emergency care. Only PHECC recognised institutions can deliver PHECC approved education and training standards leading to NQEMT awards and certificates of course completion for responder levels.
Select from the list below to access a copy (PDF) of the education and training standard including course approval criteria.
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Advanced Paramedic
- Cardiac First Response - Community
- Cardiac First Response - Advanced
- Cardiac First Response (CFR) and Medications for Listed Organisations (SI 449 of 2015)
- First Aid Response
- Emergency First Response
- Emergency Medical Service Dispatcher
- Emergency First Response- basic tactical emergency care (EFR-BTEC)