The Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council exists to specify, rev iew, maintain and monitor standards of excellence for the delivery of pre-hospital emergency care for people in Ireland.
PHECC initiatives which would be of particular interest to Auxiliary and Voluntary emergency care providers are:-
- PHECC "register" and administration of medications
- Standards for Community AED and EMFR
- Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs)
- Nation al PRF and information data set
- Best practice PAD/First Responder models
- Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Providers Directory
The Council Functions and Objectives are to:-
- Ensure training institutions and course content in Emergency Medical Technology reflect contemporary best practice
- ensure pre-hospital emergency care providers achieve and maintain competency at the appropriate performance standard
- sponsor and promote the implementation of best practice guidelines in pre-hospital emergency care
- source and sponsor relevant research to guide Council directions and the development of pre-hospital emergency care
- recommend other pre-hospital emergency care standards as appropriate
The Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council want to commence and establish a process of formal engagement of auxiliary and voluntary pre-hospital emergency care providers to support and achieve standards of excellence for the delivery of pre- hospital emergency care for people in Ireland.